I call to mind words of Thomas Jefferson written to his friend John Holmes in 1820, on the occasion of the Missouri Compromise and what he saw coming in American politics:
…But this momentous question, like a fire bell in the night, awakened
and filled me with terror. I considered it at once as the knell of the
Union. it is hushed indeed for the moment. but this is a reprieve only,
not a final sentence…
“The fire bell in the night,” the death-knell of our American political order is what one can hear if one is listening, and thinks about what we see unfolding in American political and social life. What we experienced in years past as a democratic republic has ceased being a republic and a democracy, but has increasingly become a totalitarian empire ruled by Progressive Gnostics seeking to “transform America” into part of a globalist society of fellow-traveling rulers, intellectuals, bureaucrats, bankers, multinational corporate head, educationists, and media-propagandists.Their domination over American political and social life is nearly complete.
That our American political regime and way of life are in truth becoming totalitarian I submit, for the present, a few facts:
1. It is increasingly evident that our country is dominated by a closed ruling elite, made up of members of both major political parties, who know that they have much more in common with each other than they do with the masses whom they dominate and seek to continue to control. This ruling class seeks total domination over the citizens, and endless perpetuation of their ever-increasing power.
2. The ruling elite is dominated by forms of Gnosticism, especially of a Progressivist-Socialist variety, amalgamated from Comte’s Progressivism, Marxian Socialism, elements of classical Liberalism, with other planks pulled from various ideologies. They are close-minded in thought, certain that they possess “the truth,” and seek to impose this “truth” not only on the USA, but on the entire world. To an alarming degree, they have been successful.
3. The killing of the unborn, increasingly with public funds and statesponsorship, is not incidental or just one promoted policy, but a revealing model of the "brave new world" they seek to create: a realm of total domination of powerful rulers over the ruled. The most helpless, defenseless members of our human community-infants in the womb-are subject to a reign of terror in the form of "abortion on demand." It is one step towards power to put to death any individuals or classes of citizens deemed "unwanted," or deplorable," or "unproductive." In addition to the unborn, most vulnerable victims include newly born infants (some of whom are left to die), unwanted children, various "irredeemables," elderly persons declared to be "socially useless," and the terminally ill who may be "euthanized." American death camps include abortion mills, hospitals, "care facilities," and even inner cities where often drug-crazed gangs terrorize citizens with real and threatened violence. Abortion mills and inner cities together show the accepted and promoted reign of terror in America.
4. The ruling elite has proven itself willing to use totalitarian techniques to keep their monopoly of political power. One primary means of control are the mass media which enter nearly every home and every citizen’s consciousness, especially through television and movies, but also through the internet, and which seek to dominate thinking, prevent independence of thought and judgment, and remake all citizens in the image of the ruling elite.
5. Another primary means of ongoing control of the citizens is through Progressivist domination in mass “education” (propaganda) from pre-school through secondary education, into college and graduate schools. The lack of freedom of thought in American academia is astonishing, but well known to anyone who has spent years in this system and dared to “think outside of the box,” that is, outside the realm of Progressivist Gnostic ideology. The grip on teachers and students is ironclad and nearly complete. The cost for refusal to accept the dominant ideology is poor performance, failure, or unemployment in the area of one’s expertise.
6. As we have seen in the recent Presidential election, a challenge to elite domination has been met with rejection of virtually the entire ruling class, media manipulation, screening out of diverse views, character assassination, and even covert, fomented violence at political rallies to make it appear that the interloper is “a dictator,” when in fact the monopoly of power belongs to the ruling clique. Citizens have been mugged, property has been stolen or damaged (as in “keying cars,” and defacing campaign signs), persons have been threatened. What shows up to discerning eyes is the severe loss of freedom of expression and action in American politics.
In short, the United States of America is neither a republican form of government, nor a mass democracy. These terms are used and promoted as part of a democratic mythology intended to keep the masses uninformed and living in a dreamlike state of illusion, as the rulers continue their quest for domination over all aspects of American life. The American regime has increasingly become a form of Gnostic totalitarianism, similar in form to the Soviet Union, Communist China, National Socialist Germany, Communist Cuba, Socialist Europe, and such regimes. What is called “American democracy” is in reality a virulent cancer destroying our body politic.
What are we to do?
First, we must open our eyes and try to see clearly what has been happening to us as a people in history. Living in illusions—such as the myth of being “democratic”—prevents clear sightedness and coming to grips with reality.
Second, the use of violence to overthrow the regime, as our Founders rebelled against the British Crown, is neither possible nor beneficial. The monopoly of power in the hands of rulers in government is extreme. And too many innocent lives would be destroyed in any attempted coup d’état.
Third, the Gnostic-Progressive ideology must be examined and dissected for the diseased non-thought that it is. And it must be rejected as spiritually and intellectually diseased. For example, when candidate Obama proclaimed, “We will transform the world,” American citizens foolishly accepted such nonsense, rather than rejecting the verbiage and its goal as destructive. It was accepted because we have been instilled with such nonsense for over a hundred years. The origin of such thought in the young Karl Marx was neither analyzed nor understood. As President Obama has shown himself to be living in a Gnostic dream world, with dire consequences for American domestic and foreign policies. The man is not stupid, but he is a blind fool on account of his ironclad Progressivist ideology.
Fourth, we must not be deceived: Mrs. Clinton would continue the same would-be totalitarian domination of American life evident in our leaders for decades: from the reign of Progressives such as T Roosevelt and W Wilson, through recent rulers—Clinton, Bush, Obama. Those who can observe and think should now understand that both major political parties are, at the top levels, part of the same dominating clique bent on changing American society into part of the globalist utopia of their dreams. One result of this utopian dream is perpetual warfare, as our rulers seek to impose their diseased vision on an often recalcitrant world. Here we find not “one empire, one people, one leader” of National Socialism, but “one world under our total domination” by the globalist, Gnostic elites. What the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were on a national or imperial scale, we are now becoming on a global scale.